COMMITMENT TO THE COMMUNITY AND THE ENVIRONMENT
Spencer Fluid Power and its associates respect the communities in which we live, work and serve our customers through supporting community organizations and practicing environmental stewardship.
As a member of the business community, Spencer Fluid Power is committed to supporting local organizations. One example is our relationship with the Millionaire Club Charity. The Millionaire Club Charity addresses homelessness, by providing programs that develop economic opportunities for individuals while building their self-reliance. They provide both a Day Labor Referral Program to connect workers to short-term job opportunities and an Agency Employment Program that gets workers on a pathway to long-term employment.
Our most recent project with the Millionaire Club Charity allowed us to utilize their help in the moving of another subsidiary company of Applied Industrial Technologies, “Kent Fluid Power” into our building in Kent, WA. They also rearranged our Distribution Center to accommodate the additional inventory of the move.
Being an eco-friendly company means reducing energy consumption, purchasing "green" office products, implementing recycling programs at all of our locations and reducing paper consumption with electronic invoicing for many of our customers.
- Our locations are currently involved in a retro fit lighting project that reduces energy consumption by using a more efficient bulb and ballast. Annually it will reduce energy consumption, which in turn is a simple payback of 1.6 years.
- Office supplies, business cards and the printing of literature is accessed by all of our locations using Office Depot online and Office Depot online “Green Cart” ; a section which automatically chooses green products. For example, if you pick a printer toner it will automatically bring up the remanufactured alternative.
- All locations participate in their local area recycling programs. Our Ontario location was recognized by the City of Ontario for its recycling program.
- The implementation of (Sxe/INFOR) software reduces our consumption of paper. The software allows us to fax, e-mail and EDI orders, invoices and statements electronically to customers and vendors.
- Spencer offers a HVOF (High Velocity Oxy-Fuel) system. The processing to chrome cylinder rods for extended life vs. the standard chroming processes, which eliminates carcinogenic chromic acid solutions during processing.